Thursday, June 1, 2017

HCG Phase 1 - Loading Days

LD1 - 150.8 lbs.  I have no idea what my weight was today (LD2) as I was out of town with no scale in sight.  

Out of town is not a bad place to be for loading days.  Happily, fattening food can easily be acquired on vacation.

I thought long and hard about what food to eat for loading.I did a mix of good fats and terrible fats.  I ate until I was full but not to the point of feeling sick.   I loaded with the following (in no particular order)...

Coffee with 1/2 and 1/2 + sugar,  chocolate covered cashews, scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, hash brown potatoes, a hot fudge sundae,  almond butter, peanut butter, a croissant with jam, blueberry muffin with butter, two 4 ounce tenderloins -- one with Bearnaise sauce (oh my god) and the other with a horseradish crust, stuffed mushrooms (stuffed with crab, spinach and cheese), au gratin potatos (I saw god and god is thinly sliced potatoes with cream and caramelized onions and cheese!),  a cheeseburger (no bun) with guacamole, french fries, a chocolate malted, barbeque ribs.

Overall I feel ok-ish albeit a bit meh -- part of this struggle is going to be halting my workout routine. I already feel soft.   I am nervous about day 1 of VLCD. Very nervous.  Hopefully I don't gnaw off my arm or someone elses. I have planned ahead and have all my food for the next few days measured, bought and packaged.  I suspect the morning will be the worse. I love coffee with cream and sugar. Going without will be torture.  I don't really do black coffee. It tastes like an ashtray.  I tried some of the stevia and HATE IT.  So bitter with a nasty aftertaste . No thanks. I might try 1 TB of milk and ice it down a bit to cut the bitterness.

My goal is 20 pounds and to keep it off and kick the sugar/carbs.    This is supposed to be a 21 day protocol but I have hcg troches for 28 days so I might as well gut it out 7 more days.  I started the Hcg on LD1 - they taste like tangerine and take about 5 minutes to dissolve under my tongue.


No comments:

Post a Comment