Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Fitness Osmosis

I take a lot of steps to be a healthier trimmer individual. If you read between the lines I’m trying but often failing to execute. Or to put it another way…I’m not always hitting the fitness mark.

Case in point, reading a well intentioned albeit unrealistic article in my monthly fitness magazine about how to “look good naked” while standing at the counter eating Kemps “Under the Stars” chocolate peanut butter ice cream out of the container. Yeah, I know, there are about 10 things wrong with this scenario.

First off no one really looks good naked. Generally the human population looks better half-naked then all the way naked. Clothes are purposely designed to hide the flaws that can be seen while naked. Geesh.

I joined my health club 6 years ago because I wanted to look good better naked and then quickly realized miracles not withstanding I’d settle for looking better in a tank top. Naked arms but the rest of me clothed, just as it should be.

Kemps “Under the Stars”, my new favorite ice cream flavor (chocolate ice cream, peanut butter ribbons and chocolate stars filled with peanut butter) should probably be eaten out of dish. My mother would be appropriately mortified.

And there is the obvious contradiction of the actual eating of ice cream while looking at a fitness magazine. I probably should have been eating a slice of tofu. But ice cream is so much tastier. Who are we kidding here?

I’d love to be able to aim for fitness perfection. Knock out my 1 hour a day of exercise according to the some recent medical study that says women over 40 (sigh) need an hour a day just to maintain their weight. If that isn’t a thoroughly depressing medical statistic I don’t know what is? Right now I can barely manage 30-40 minutes 4-5 days a week.

The lapse in my exercise regimen I’m supplementing with a subscription to Fitness and Cooking Light; hoping the content will seep into my brain via osmosis in between bites of ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment