Thursday, August 4, 2011

Stuff I like – Pea Pod Magnets by Polpette Clay

I’ve had this shop ear-marked as one of my “favorites” on etsy.com for some time now, but I never had occasion to buy a pea pod magnet. Three peas in a pod are symbolic of a certain amount of closeness. Be it family, kids or friends. It’s also a bit kitschy. But I like kitsch.

Polpette Clay sat in my etsy favorites list unloved for quite sometime. And then something amazing happened. Well, amazing is a big word, but I was on a project at work with two other women and one of the ladies made a comment about how we were just like “three peas in a pod.” This statement was met with a fair amount of snarky giggling between us, since the project in question was a heinous compliance project required by the federal government,  so it has about as much appeal as a lanced boil.

Horrible project content not-with-standing, I had an epiphany! I would order my colleagues (and myself of course) one of these cute little pea pod magnets as a memento of our time spent together enduring the pain of this particular federal compliance project.

In one fell swoop I could cement the bonds of teambuilding in corporate America and buy handmade. Smells like a win-win to me.

The magnets are cute. I mean ridiculously cute. And brightly colored. Bright and cute. And whimsical. What’s not to love? And I do like peas even when they don’t have super cute smiley faces. But these do. Bright, cute and smiley.

Buy unique. Buy handmade.

No comments:

Post a Comment