Wednesday, June 8, 2011

All hail the Dyson

It’s a sad state of affairs when a vacuum cleaner is a blog subject.

For years I have coveted the Dyson.

The roller ball technology.

The fun colors.

The bagless filter.

It’s the Cadillac of vacuums’. And I wanted one. I didn’t want the Dyson price tag which is a lot for a vacuum. A lot. Which is why I hung onto my under-whelming Hoover.

But I’m well into year 10 of our current carpet (which is crap in case you’ve never heard me mention it, although that’s highly unlikely since I’ll talk to strangers on the street about my crappy builders grade carpet) and I’m at least 12-18 months away from replacing it. Plus I have two long-hair cats that shed copious amounts of white fur. It was time to get a serious vacuum.

After some lengthy research I landed on the Dyson animal. It is purple (fun color) with a bigger canister and motor. I opted against the slightly smaller roller ball version of the Dyson animal in lieu of more suction.

The Dyson Animal 28 retails for a lofty $599. I know. That’s a couple of car payments or many many nice pairs of shoes. However, if you have a spouse that works for a major appliance company (and I do), you can take advantage of the factory direct program for like half the price…including shipping. I couldn’t send my check fast enough.

And a mere 10 days later a great big box from my new favorite company was on my front porch when I pulled into the driveway from work.

I think I squealed a little when I saw it.

A mere 20 minutes later I was vacuuming my very modest size living room with Dyson greatness and marveling at what was being sucked out of my carpets.

Frankly, it’s disgusting but also cool.

Like I said, it’s a sad state of affairs when a vacuum cleaner is a blog subject. I need to get out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment