Friday, June 17, 2011

So Now What?

Woot. I was accepted into the Kohler Holiday Market.
This feels like a big deal.

I attended the Kohler Holiday Market last year, held at the lovely American Club, to scope out the venue.

I was impressed.

The artists are good. The shoppers have money. The booth fee is expensive.

So I applied never really thinking I’d get in. I mean, let’s be honest. There is a perception about tye dye. Mostly it’s a perception rooted to include The Grateful Dead, pot-smoking, pony-tail wearing hippies. Most don’t think “tye dye” and leap to funs children’s wear.

The scary part is the show is 3 days, 4 if you include the day for setup. And it’s 2.5 hours away from home and will require a hotel stay as well as pulling in favors from lots of friends and family to help me pull off a three day show. Not to mention it’s definitely an investment.

But I’m in. Go me.

More to follow…

No comments:

Post a Comment