Monday, June 13, 2011

More Musings on a my ongoing mid-life crisis – An Update

Happy to report that my transition to transitional lenses has been pretty much a non-event. PTL! I had a headache for 2 days then adjusted fine. So far I don’t seem to be bobbing my head too much to get the placement right for reading. The worse part about new glasses is getting the fit right. I’ve been back for adjustments twice and still have rubbing on my temple. Annoying.
I have noticed, that despite regular workouts with some weight lifting, pilates and yoga stretching tossed in for good measure there is a lot of muffin top. Also annoying. Wondering if I need to invest in one of the Spanx body suits to keep it all smooth. Eff.

I’ll say it again. Aging sucks ass.

I’m kicking around trying hot yoga. I like yoga but don’t necessarily like being hot; although this may be the thing my body needs to keep it challenged. Clearly the elliptical ain’t getting it done. Hot yoga is expensive and I’m already dealing with an over-inflated health care membership thanks to one teenage son who insisted he would work out regularly with me. Yeah. Right. I can take that $38 a month a throw it out the window.

I have a coupon for a few hot yoga class.

Pondering. Pondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment