Friday, July 8, 2011

The Friday Fun Initiative

I made the executive decision to take off every Friday afternoon this summer (June- August). My intent is to do something “fun” for myself.

To date I have failed the Friday fun challenge.

So far one Friday afternoon consisted of a trip to the grocery store. Not a quick trip for a coupla-things. The big trip. The trip that requires like 2 carts. And if you’ve been paying attention, going to the grocery store is absolute torture for me. I’m a hater of the grocery store.

Another Friday consisted of my little out-patient thingy. Sure the IV drugs were good but there was nothing really fun about it and I missed my son’s baseball game. And I was still recovering on the third Friday. Even though I wasn’t working, laying around with a hoochie full of stitches is definitely not fun.

Current Score: Friday Fun: 0, Friday non-fun things: 3

So I’ve recommitted myself to the Friday fun challenge. Oh sure I could do laundry and cleaning and other assorted tasks. But the whole purpose of 3 hours of vacation in the afternoon is to recharge and refresh.

This Friday I think I’m going to get it right. I have a date with some work peeps to hang at the Union Terrace. Despite living in this city for the whole of my adult life, I rarely get down there. So the fun will consist of a few big girl lemonades, chatting with my friends, excellent people watching and of course Babcock Hall Ice cream. (Ice cream of course if the subject of a whole other blog entry which you can read about here).

New Score: Friday Fun: 1 , Friday non-fun things: 3

I have some making up to do – stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment