Friday, July 15, 2011

In search of a thicker skin

I’m 43. And I still need the stamp of approval. Sometimes. Not always. But definitely sometimes.

Oh sure. I’d like to be able to portray myself as a strong, vibrant women who doesn’t care what anyone thinks. And sometimes I actually believe that about myself. Almost. But my skin isn’t quite as thick as I would like to think it is. Sometimes it’s downright papery thin.

Case in point. I follow a local blog and occasionally comment on said blog. I made a fairly lengthy comment recently and oh brother… right between the eyes with the “you’re opinions are so lame” by fellow blgogers.. Which, ya know, shouldn’t really bother me because c’mon, it’s an anonymous blog comment. But geesh. I felt unliked and unloved. Why do I care? I was probably looking for validation which I clearly wasn’t going to get, but searched for it anyway.

Pathetic.

I so need to get over myself and grower a thicker skin.

Working on it…

No comments:

Post a Comment